Sunday, April 3, 2011

SIX MONTHS!!

Our sweet little girl turned six months old on Friday and I still can't believe it!  

  At six months, Bailey:

 - Is becoming quite the expert at sitting on her own:


 - Looks like she wants to crawl, but settles for rolling and rolling and rolling to get where she wants to go

- Looks adorable in bows:

- Loves to swing:


- Is in a stage where she loves to blow raspberries, which is really cute and funny until she does it with a mouthful of cereal

- Has eaten rice cereal, oatmeal cereal, green beans, carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, peas, apples, and bananas.  She liked everything except the peas and bananas (I'm thinking that the banana aversion has to be a texture/consistency thing, because, really, who doesn't like bananas?)

- Loves to belly laugh and "talk" but hasn't yet picked a discernible syllable (despite my convenient attempts to use the term "mama" as much as possible), although she does occasionally use the terms "hiii" and "heyyy" very appropriately and hilariously

- Is still the only person in the world who loves the sound of me singing, bless her sweet little heart

- Loves to pull my hair and/or earrings, and has quite a grip 

- Gives sweet little "kisses" and "hugs," sometimes on request (although we really need to teach her the art of closed-mouth kissing, as she's in that awkward frenchy-baby kiss stage, and we don't need her doing that to strangers)

- Still loves her jumperoo and exersaucer 

- Tries to get into everything - she wants to touch and feel and pick up everything, and most of it still goes straight into her mouth

- Has TWO sharp little teeth, and it seems like more are on the way (but really, who am I kidding, Scott and I have yet to see a tooth before it's pretty much full grown)

- Can fit into most 6 month clothing, but fits better in 9 month stuff 

- Has been to the ZOO!

- Is still great at hanging out with strangers and going to anyone that wants to hold her and smile at her (as long as she's not hungry - she gets a little grumpy then, I have no idea where she gets that from)

I'm probably forgetting some important things, as she's still doing so many new things all the time, but all in all, I just can't put into words how blessed we are to have this sweet girl.  She's just so beautiful and sweet and FUN, and there are really just no words to describe this experience.  It is so funny how even the most mundane things can seem completely miraculous when it's YOUR baby doing them for the first time.  We're having an absolute blast seeing these little miracles all the time.  

We had an incredible weekend celebrating Bailey's half birthday (and Reilly's fifth birthday - craziness), so I'll post more about that this week (I will definitely be posting about Bailey's super fun FIRST trip to the zoo!)  So much fun!



2 comments:

  1. Oh, Amy! Bailey is precious and I love reading all of your posts! You really have an amusing way of putting things into words and I love it!

    I hope you, Scott, Bailey, and Riley are doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Anna! I love writing and this gives me a non-legal outlet I really needed. Hope y'all are doing great! We should do dinner sometime soon like we talked about for so long :)

    ReplyDelete