Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Fun Etsy Finds

Ok, so I am definitely NOT pregnant, but I somehow just now discovered the absolutely adorable nursery wall art on Etsy.  When I was pregnant, Scott and I spent hours and hours searching the internet for cute wall art for Bailey's nursery.  Not only could we not agree on what we liked, but we pretty much only found the cartoon-ish, mass produced stuff like that found at babiesrus.  

I finally ended up finding some generic cute shape-prints at Babytime here in Memphis (and I think Scott about had a heart attack when he heard the price I we paid for it.)  We also got a beautiful cross painting from my sweet friend Julie at our Knoxville shower that we love, and I tried to get creative with some white trivets from Williams Sonoma Outlet by hanging them up as wall art.  But still, Bailey's room has A LOT of free wall space.  We just never found stuff we really liked at a reasonable price. 

For some reason, I never even considered looking at Etsy.  Apparently, this was a HUGE mistake!  While I was randomly (and very optimistically) searching for furniture on Etsy the other night (all the furniture we have, except for Bailey's nursery stuff, tvs, and a beautiful tv stand that we are not currently using as a tv stand, has been generously handed down to us from our parents/sisters.  And it shows.) for some reason this cute little elephant popped up: 

http://www.etsy.com/listing/59946627/my-elle-cute-elephant-nursery-art-print?

He totally piqued my curiosity, so I looked around and then found his two sweet friends:


So then while spending hours dreaming about our next baby's nursery I found lots of really cute nursery art!  Then, I went to a baby shower for my friend Laurie who is having her second little girl in just a few short weeks last weekend, and one of the hostesses had gotten her a super cute print from Etsy with a personalized message on it (I am not 100% sure, but I think it was from the same Etsy vendor who makes most of the amazing prints below - GalerieAnais).  LOVE IT!!

In an effort to prevent my favorite pregnant mamas from ending up with the same empty nursery walls, I am posting a few more of my fun finds - I wasn't super thorough, and I can't post everything I found, so I totally think all of you should go to Etsy and spend a few fun hours of your own!






Enjoy ladies (and babies)!

No comments:

Post a Comment