Thursday, April 28, 2011

Oh hail no.

Sorry to steal that title from some variation of about 37 of my facebook friends' statuses, but I couldn't resist. 

But honestly and seriously, I am thinking about and praying for everyone who was caught up in the terrible storms yesterday and last night.  I have never seen hail the size that of that which fell in my own hometown and soon-to-be home (knock on wood!), Knoxville, or really even believed that hail that big existed in real life.  Here are just a few of the pictures I've seen (I totally stole these off facebook - that's allowed, right?  I sure hope so!):



It seems like just about everyone I know in East TN has damage.  But like my sweet friend Liz reminded me last night, in Knoxville it seems to be mostly just material damage which, even though I know it's miserable to experience, in the long run, will not have lasting effects.  At least, I hope that's the case for everyone.

Unfortunately, in Alabama, it is not just material damage.  Their state is badly damaged and so many people have lost loved ones and homes and everything else, it absolutely breaks my heart. Those folks need a lot of prayers.    They've got mine.  Please give them yours too.

Taken from drudgereport.com - I think this is Tuscaloosa?:

Before:


After:



Y'all  pray for these people, hug your families,and thank God for your blessings today - I know I will. 

(sidenote to take a little bit of the seriousness out of this post - my dad (who lives in Knoxville) said his truck looks like was beaten with a ball peen hammer.  And even though I love that truck and hate that it was damaged, that made me giggle (he said ball AND peen!).  Also, sorry for my rant last night, which seems just plain silly today, especially in light of everything addressed above.  Even though I've always been an oversharer in real life, I'm not as used to sharing so much on the internet.  In the words of Rodney Carrington, maybe I'm just sharing too much with you people.  I'm going to keep going, but maybe be a little more selective about what I share and stop bombarding all my facebook friends with the blog link all the time (but I'll still do it SOME of the time, I just can't resist).  I do promise to keep being honest about my journey as a first time mom because I think it's important and worth keeping record of, even if I'm the only one that reads it at least until one day down the road when I force Bailey to read it.  But really, I have gotten some great feedback about this blog and even if it just amuses me and a few other people, that makes it worth it.  Thanks.)

No comments:

Post a Comment