Friday, April 29, 2011

Right now

After an office dinner and after-dinner drinks, I'm trying to have my last glass of wine on the couch in peace to decompress from thinking about all the many balls in our lives that are up in the air, as I've already conned Scott into asked Scott to take over Bailey's morning feeding.  

Bailey is laying in her crib and semi-fussing/crying as she expresses, in her only way of doing so, the fact that while she enjoys hanging out at Bubba and Deborah's house, she really doesn't appreciate us trying to bring her back home and put her straight to bed at 11-ish at night without playing first.  I have to admire the fact that the girl has her standards.  (As I write this post, her fussing/crying seems to be increasing. Awesome.)

Right now, I'm wavering between the "pick that sweet baby up and cuddle her" urge and the "she needs to sleep, just let her fuss until she sleeps" urge.  So, in a way that is probably totally confusing to her, I'm going in to pick her up, cuddle, rock, and calm her down about every 5 minutes.  Then I put her back into her crib and the whole guilt-and-confusion-inducing cycle starts all over again.

Scott and Reilly are watching tv, cuddling, and sleeping together. 

So much for relaxing with a glass of wine.  Or sleeping.  Sleeping is soooo 2010.

And, that's our new parent Friday night.  Try not to be overwhelmed by your jealousy.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh the many nights I have felt just like you. Some time we need to get the babies together. Hope to see you at the CRC this Monday.

    ReplyDelete