Friday, April 8, 2011

Catching Up and Required Reading

Somehow it's Friday already and I haven't gotten a chance to put together a post on our super fun trip to the zoo last weekend.  And now we're off to Louisville to see Scott's sister this weekend and I know I'll have to do a post about that, since nothing is cuter than 2 little red-headed cousins. I also have some other ideas for posts on my "mental blog list" in my head that I want to get to next week.  But then it will probably be next weekend already.  Blogging is hard. 

We've had a pretty good week, but can't seem to shake what I call the "daycare curse" of almost constant sickness.  Bailey's actually been sleeping well (yes I am crossing my fingers behind my back to hopefully avoid jinxing this sweet, sweet blessing we have so very much enjoyed please please don't take it away).  But she's also been coughing, and snotting (pretty sure that's not a word, but you get the point), and yesterday she decided to refuse to drink her bottles at daycare.   Then she came home and scared the bejeeze out of me by falling asleep while jumperooing and taking a nap in her crib before having her last feeding, which she never does unless she's really sick. 

BUT then she drank two great bottles for me last night, slept well (or at least well enough not to wake me in the next room - our outrageously expensive video monitor crapped out on us the other night, so we've been trusting my mommy ears until the company sends us a new one, which is pretty safe considering the size of our cardboard box tiny apartment - which is a whole other post in and of itself, I need to write these down) and there was less snottage this morning, so I'm hoping we are on the upside of this mess. 

At this point, I don't remember what it's like to have a non-sick/congested baby, but I'm pretty sure it was kind of awesome. 

Anyway - if you're even still reading this -  that was not where was I going with this post, I don't know where that ramble came from. Here we go, back to the point - I'm obviously completely out of it today pretty new to this whole blogging thing (I only really started looking at blogs when my sweet friend from high school who has a great blog which you should check out told me about hers).  I'm really enjoying it, and I'm also having a great time finding fun new blogs to read, as you can tell from my ever growing list of blog links. 

So here are some links to blogs I have recently discovered and really like - for obvious reasons, most of them are mom-related, but I'm fairly confident even those without babies will find these blogs very entertaining.

Check them out and have a great weekend, y'all!

Rants from Mommyland: This is my current every day must read, and I usually end up reading several posts.  "Kate" and "Lydia" are have a great perspective on mommyhood.  They also almost make me pee my pants spew whatever I am drinking (hint: usually wine) all over my computer screen because they are THAT funny.

Spilled Milk:  A full-time lawyer and  mom (wow that sounds familiar) with an honest and funny blog.  She gets super extra bonus points for the Steel Magnolia's quote from Annelle as her blog tagline (I really want to match her with the "If you don't have anything nice to say, come sit by me" quote, but I can't bring myself to be that big of a blog copycat. Yet.)

Elefantitas Alegres: Lawyer Kate married a lawyer and loves wine (hmmm that also sounds familiar).  She's basically that cool, well-traveled, organized, great at design, super-cute-dressing, menu-planning girl that I kind of want to be, but just am not. 

Ashley Quite Frankly:  Funny mama to two hilarious boys that really seem to be the boy versions of my two sweet nieces (older one is rule-following sweetheart, younger is, well, NOT).   I commented on one of her posts the other day that she should teach a class of "How to be an awesome mom and raise cool kids" or something like that and I firmly stand by that.

Her friends are sluts: I think when I first discovered this blog I ended up reading, like, a year's worth of her posts in one sitting.  Great writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment