Thursday, May 12, 2011

Random Confessions.....

I call Reilly (our dog) Bailey and call Bailey Reilly all. the. time.

I just saw a blog post where a pregnant woman said she made Fruity Pebble treats (which I'm assuming are like Rice Krispy treats, but with Fruity Pebbles) and now that's all I can think about.

I think it's kind of crazy that Law Momma's marriage nosedived and she started getting a divorce RIGHT when I linked to her blog in my blog feed on the right.  I'm pretty sure the two weren't related, but the timing kind of freaked me out.  Her heartfelt posts have been fascinating, however, and sure have made me appreciate my husband!

Instead of my usual evening workout after B goes to bed and before I have a glass of wine (ok....maybe two) while I sit on the couch and watch tv with Scott, last night I had a couple glasses of wine at a paint class I went to with my friend Anna at 7:00 (which will get it's own blog post), and then, since I have no self control or sense of moderation I'm a creature of habit, had another glass while sitting on the couch watching tv after I got home.  Mistake!  Even though B slept through the night (two nights in a row!  I totally just jinxed that, didn't I?), now I'm totally dragging.

I told myself I wasn't going to get addicted to caffeine and fake diet sugar drinks again after pretty much completely giving them up during pregnancy.  Ummm....right.  Coffee in the morning, two diet cokes before noon (and, let's face it, probably 2 more in the afternoon) is now standard again, as is the sugar-free koolaid and/or crystal light in my fridge.  Fail.

I'm also now completely addicted to Rants from Mommyland, even though it's brutal honesty about motherhood is a pretty good form of birth control in and of itself, and may actually have dissuaded me from any idea of having more than 2 children.  Also, I've pretty much convinced myself that "Lydia" and I will be best friends forever one day after I somehow find her, convince her to split a bottle of wine (or T-Box, whatever) with me, I show off my sarcasm subtle wit and southern charm, and we bond over our shared tendencies to spill things on ourselves, use foul language, and do embarassing things.  Oops, that was stalker-ish, wasn't it? 

I got a new iphone (mine was freezing constantly and cracked terribly) and for some reason I keep getting sad because I can't take a picture of the iphone WITH the iphone to post on here, even though we have other cameras which would do the job just as well.  Plus, who needs to see a picture of an iphone?

Bailey's sleep issues because of teething have been so unimaginably awful that they made me get all nerdy and look up  Hyland's teething tablets, which are supposed to be magical and were "voluntarily recalled" last year (totally my luck), on the internet and I even signed up for Hyland's to send me an email when they go back on the market.  Which needs to have happened yesterday.

aaaaaaaaand, that's all I can think of today.....Is it Friday yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment