Monday, May 16, 2011

Chicken Spinach Lasagna (totally phoning this one in)

I made this the other night, and it was fabulous (I forgot to take a picture, so I stole this from Jennie's blog - hope she doesn't mind!) (also, you should read her blog - she has some great creative ideas and I'm going to add her on the right whenever I get a minute):


Even Scott, who is not a huge fan of spinach (I mean, this boy had lived without spinach artichoke dip until he started dating me - now THAT is a tragedy!), loved it and had about six servings on Saturday night then had most of the leftovers last night for dinner. 

The only substitution I made was I used ginger instead of nutmeg, because I discovered I didn't have any nutmeg when it was too late and the internet told me I could.  Love google - seriously, how did people live without it? Also, I used lower-fat mayo (the olive oil kind), but full fat everything else (because that's all they had at our overpriced yet marvelously convenient neighborhood market), and according to my rough calculations, this dish still only has something like 350 calories per serving, and makes about 12 servings.  I will definitely use low fat sour cream next time, because I can never tell the difference, but even with the full fat kind, that's not bad at all!

I have lots to blog about this week - last week's painting class, our fun weekend, Carolina on my mind, some new teeth, etc., but work is looking insane for the next few weeks, so we'll see how far I get. 

Happy Monday all!

1 comment:

  1. looks delish Amy! if only my husband would eat any of that I would make it in a heartbeat. Maybe I can make it for others.

    ReplyDelete