Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spiked temps and belly laughs

So today when I picked Bailey up from daycare, they told me her temperature had been just under 100 all day and that she had seemed "off."  As soon as we got home, she passed out (which is WAY unusual - when we get home she almost always refuses to be put down except in her jumperoo for maybe 2 minutes while I make her dinner).  

After she woke up and drank some of a bottle, Scott and I decided to check her temperature because she seemed warm.  The first thermometer we used (a Vick's digital inserted where the sun doesn't shine) read 104!!! I started to kind of freak out, but the second thermometer (inserted in the same unfortunate area - poor Bailey has been violated repeatedly tonight) read 102.4, which was marginally better.  Still freaking out, I called our pediatrician who advised us that they have had some serious fever viruses going around and that we should give her some baby ibuprofen, wipe her down with a warmish wet cloth for 10 minutes or so, then take her temp in 45 minutes and call back.  

She hated the wiping, so Scott decided to distract her with her Sophie toy and we got this cute little video:


It's not exactly her best angle, but don't you just want to squeeze her?  I mean, this is her with a temperature over 100 degrees, and she's still the cutest and sweetest little thing I've ever seen!  Love my sweet pea!  Thankfully, her temp has gone down and we are going to keep it down as much as possible tonight and go to the pediatrician in the morning - I am not in the mood for an ER visit tonight (cross your fingers and say a prayer for us please!)

Now if only I could get her to do something like this, we could go viral: 

No comments:

Post a Comment