Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mommy fail and we're famous!

So, Bailey was the only child in her "class" at daycare to not wearing green today.  It did not even occur to me that it was St. Patrick's day this morning (I blame Bailey - 6+ wakeups per night do not a focused mommy make).  Plus, I was so excited about the super cute outfit she wore today that we did a little photoshoot before we left for school/work:



I realize this is a total failure on my part, but no one can pinch a baby that cute, can they?  I mean, look at that bow!! (After I wrote this, I noticed that her pants have green dots on them!  So we weren't quite in the league of the kiddos that had on cute "I'm a wee bit Irish" onesies at daycare, but at least I didn't TOTALLY fail!)

Also, due to our continuing troubles with getting Bailey back to sleeping through the night, a phone call from the daycare yesterday informing me that Bailey had cried ALL morning (I picked her up and she slept for 3 hours straight), and a low grade fever last night, I called the pediatrician's office this morning just to see if she thought we needed to come in to have the doctor check her ears again or do anything differently.   No kidding, I got no more than 30 seconds into explaining why I was calling and definitely had NOT said our name before the freaking receptionist interrupted me by saying "Is this Mrs. Hickerson?"

Now, I know I am a first time mom and tend to be a little, ahem, precautious and do not hesitate to call the pediatrician's office when we have issues, but I didn't realize that I have apparently become THAT mom who is so notoriously obnoxious that the office staff knows who I am just from my voice or my description of our baby's issues.  I mean, really?  And even if I am that obnoxious, did she have to call me out?   I think I'm going to choose to look on the bright side and say hey, at least I make an impression!

No comments:

Post a Comment