Wednesday, March 2, 2011

FIVE MONTHS!!!

Bailey is 5 months old as of yesterday!  And, she is super excited about it of course:
 Ok, maybe she wasn't SO excited there but then:



 We captured several of her beautiful smiles!

As of today, Bailey:

ROLLS FROM HER BACK TO HER TUMMY!  (this was a first today so I'm pretty excited about it!  She also rolls from tummy to back.)

Loves to put anything and everything in her mouth (for example, she tried to put Reilly's ear in her mouth today.  I'm all for loving on our dog, but I have to draw the line somewhere.)

Will reach out for your face when you hold her.

Has recently started holding out her arms (sometimes) when she wants you to hold her.

Has already had one fever virus, a tummy bug, and RSV.  Also, she currently has an ear infection.  She has passed all except the fever virus straight to me (I even have an ear infection).  Thanks, daycare!

Loves to giggle, especially when she gets zerberts on her belly.  Sometimes you'll even get a belly laugh.

Smiles at everyone and has the sweetest disposition.  Even the pediatrician says so, and in a really convincing way that almost makes me believe she doesn't say that about every baby.

Loves her jumperoo and exersaucer.  I'm pretty sure she'd prefer to skip crawling and go straight to standing and and bouncing around.  So I really hope the poor girl didn't get her rhythm from me.

Has eaten rice cereal, oatmeal cereal, green beans, and carrots (in that order).  My plan to homemake all of her babyfoods was somewhat foiled by her throwing up my homemade green beans the first night she tasted them, but we have not lost faith.  She liked the carrots (at least on the first night) and sweet potatoes are next!

All things considered, Bailey is an amazing, laid back, sweet, and loving little baby.  We have had some rough nights, days, and weeks, but I would not trade a minute.  She is so much fun to hang around with already, and it only gets better and better Every. Single. Day.  She is learning and growing by the minute, and does something new all the time.  It is so fun to watch and I am loving every second (even if I don't love every second right when it happens.  If that makes any sense.)

To quote Rodney Carrington, "If [s]he'd start [pooping] hundreds, we'd have another!"

No comments:

Post a Comment