Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Promises, promises

Unfortunately, we did not have time tonight to take Bailey's 5 month (5 month!!!!) pictures before she was ready to eat and head straight to a bath then her bed.  Which, of course, ruined my big plans for a 5 month picture post tonight.  Assuming we can get her on a more normal schedule tomorrow, we will take (and post) those pictures tomorrow night.

Also a confession - I wrote an embarrassingly long and personal blog post about my experiences in nursing this afternoon, which I planned to post tonight, but I am convinced it needs to be condensed and significantly edited before it is blog worthy (it is far too personal and long to actually be interesting to anyone but me at this point).  So, I will do that tomorrow and hopefully post that and have some fun 5 month pictures of Bailey to post tomorrow night!

Not to make excuses for my (already broken) blog promises - but poor Bailey has a cold (again!  After two straight weeks of illness due to a tummy bug that went straight to RSV, we only had maybe a week of health before the daycare curse struck again).  Because of this, she has been waking multiple times during the night, which is not helpful to staying on her normal schedule or to my motivation to do anything (especially work - oh, the effort!). BUT - I stand by my promise to post more frequently, so don't give up on me yet.    Please and thank you in advance.

4 comments:

  1. Jack has a virus (possibly a mild case of the flu) and has been really congested - thus not sleeping through the night. We started putting vick's vapor rub on his chest and we elevated his crib mattress just a touch and it has made all the difference. Just thought I would share :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alissa! We are letting Bailey sleep in her swing because when we elevate her crib mattress, she somehow ends up on the wrong end. She seems to be doing incrementally better. Hope sweet Jack feels good soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMY! Ilove your blog! How have you not mentioned this to me. Such a great way to keep up with you and Bailey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Samma! I had not had the time and/or energy to really get into it yet, but I'm going for it now! Hopefully it can be as fun to read as Spice and Sass :)

    ReplyDelete