Monday, June 20, 2011

Read this

Sometimes I wonder why the heck I'm even trying to blog about parenting at all, because the crazy smart and funny writers at blogs like Rants from Mommyland and Stark Raving Mad Mommy and Pregnant Chicken somehow come up with genius topics and stories all. the. time. that hit the flipping nail on it's ugly little head, and I.....well, I wrote about breastfeeding (or not, as the case may be) that one time, and apparently it's the only thing people want to read about on this blog, judging from my stats.  Although there was that one googler who apparently found my blog by searching for "ginormous belly pic."  I'm pretty sure that pervert he found what he was looking for. Sweet. 

Anyway, I have a few posts about our fun father's day weekend with pictures and recipes and everything (I'm so fancy!) about half written in my head which I WILL post this week.  Maybe.  If I have time.  But we've got a lot going on, both at work and personally, so this week may be rough, blogging-wise.  I don't want to vague-blog - but please just send us some positive energy and prayers regarding our living situation, if you will.  We're trying to figure out whether we should risk going all Jack Torrance by staying in the cardboard box apartment for a few more months while praying that the legal gods (or partners in our firm, whatever) create some kind of miracle which lets us  move to East TN, or whether we should give up on our dream of any part of football season in Knoxville by signing some kind of lease on a house or something here in Memphis.  It's all complicated and scary and likely to end up with us making the wrong decision and either losing our minds or losing a bunch of money and we just don't know what to do.

In the meantime - you should read this post from Rants from Mommyland today about things no one told me about parenthood.  Because it's true, it's funny, and they write way way better than me.  Why are you reading this, anyway?   

I'm going to get back to trying to figure out how to write about breastfeeding or how ginormous my belly was again.....hope y'all have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment