Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Back and Alive!

Just wanted to do a quick update that we are back, and we are alive.  Overall, we had a great vacation - Bailey loved the sand, the waves, the ocean, and spending time with her family and friends.  During our week, Bailey showed off all of her charm and even clapped, pulled herself up on a table and couch, and crawled (mostly) all for the first time while we were there!  So even though she wasn't drinking her bottles or sleeping well, and both Scott and I were a little concerned, we tried to chalk it up to her being distracted by all the fun people around and a little off schedule.  

Well, this probably should have clued us in: 


This is one of the sweet pictures from Bailey's first sand and ocean visit, which occurred on our first day at the beach.  In case that picture doesn't clue you in, it doesn't appear that sweet B got over the ear infection she'd been on medication for the week before we left for vacation, and then she somehow developed another one in the other ear while we were there.  So, our sweet girl had double ear infections while we were at the beach, and we didn't figure that out until WEDNESDAY, when I finally visited the doctor (despite the major clue in the picture above, which was taken on Saturday. Please don't call CPS).  Which meant that she slept terribly, she would scream when I even turned around, regardless of whether I left the room or not, and I couldn't stand to leave her for more than just a few minutes unless she was napping.  Needless to say, although we both had a great time, neither B nor I got too much relaxing done.  

So, after 2 doctor visits this week, one to confirm that the antibiotic she went on last week while we were at the beach didn't get rid of her infections, and another to determine that she was officially a candidate for tubes and schedule the surgery, I am officially exhausted.  

I remember saying, in my pre-parent days, that I was so tired that I needed a "vacation after my vacation."  Well, this vacation gave that saying a new meaning, but we're doing great, and Bailey appears to have broken a couple new teeth through on the top, so (KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK on wood) she has been sleeping better.    

So, apologies for my late posting this week, and for what I expect may be slightly less than normal posting in the future - I do expect to keep blogging, but right now, I'm going to take as much of a vacation after my vacation as possible and remove all expectations from myself except to eat, sleep, exercise, and work (which is kinda insane right now).  So, my posts may not be as frequent.   But I promise that, in the near future, I WILL post some fun memories from our vacation and finally do an 8 month Bailey post (hopefully before it's time to do a 9 month post, but no promises).  

Anyway, for something completely off-topic - in case you have a few minutes for something pretty funny - and, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, this link should NOT be clicked if you have an aversion to the "f" word or other offensive curse words - this is pretty entertaining.  I haven't quite experienced most of this yet, but I can see it coming......


Also, this was so scary - but cute at the same time?!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know how the appt. with the ENT goes... I will be thinking about you and Bailey!

    ReplyDelete