Friday, September 21, 2012

A house

We are in a serious house hunt, with major hopes to be in before the holidays, and we just signed a contract making an offer for the first time since almost a year ago (a contract we ended up cancelling after we ended up arguing over nit-picky things with the sellers and finally just decided it would be smarter to pay off Scott's law school loans and live in a friend's condo until we saved up enough money for another down payment). 

We really like this house and while it's at the top of what we'd be willing to pay right now and definitely needs some updating, it's one that we can grow into and make changes at our own pace (nothing is so bad that we can't live with it for awhile), which is awesome.  I'm trying not to get too excited but would love some good thoughts and vibes if you have a chance!

I also have to share Bailey's thoughts about getting a house.  When I asked if she wanted to live in a house with mommy and daddy and Reilly, she said "Uh huh.  And more dogs."  This was completely out of the blue - she loves Reilly and definitely loves dogs but has never talked about wanting to get another one, and as Reilly demands the attention of about 7 dogs, Scott and I have never seriously discussed it either, especially not after having a child.  But, in an attempt to appease her, I said something like "Ummm I don't know about that - maybe down the road we can talk about getting a small dog" to which she replied "NO.  A BIG DOG.  I want a BIG DOG."  

I think for now we'll all just settle for a house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment