Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Insanity

Well, Scott and I have started the insanity workout.  We took "before" pictures and everything - we're nothing if not ambitious.  We've only done the fit test and the first day, which was some kind of plyometric cardio cycle.  

As for the fit test, I have to say it was not so much a test as much as a way of pointing out exactly how out of shape I am.  I couldn't do a single pushup.  I fell out after a few seconds of high knees.  And there was something I was supposed to do in plank position that just made me literally fall over. 

As for the workout tonight - I have to say, even though I've only done one real day of it, the title of the insanity workout is not a misnomer.  I asked Scott, out loud, more than once, what this guy (the annoyingly fit Shaun T who apparently thinks everyone has a rock solid "core" who can keep them in "proper form") was smoking.  

I'm also doing a few other things to, as Fergie would say, "work on my fitness." Not sure why, but every six months I tend to hit a motivation point and this one feels pretty good, so we'll see what happens.  

So, in the words of the text I sent my sister after completing our plyo cardio whatever - hot damn I hope I can walk tomorrow.   

No comments:

Post a Comment