Saturday, April 24, 2010

Maybe Baby?

With all the crazy storm warnings in Memphis last night, Scott and I left work early and decided we were not going to head back out into the weather.  We had chinese food delivered and settled in to watch the movie Crazy Heart, which we had heard great things about.

After dinner, we laid on the couch and turned on the movie.  As we got about an hour and a half into it, I had the strangest feeling in my belly.  I was really focused on the movie so I didn't pay much attention to it at first, but it went on for several seconds.  When it stopped, I decided to tell Scott "I just got the weirdest flutters in my belly."  But as soon as that thought formed in my brain a lightbulb went off and I was like, wait a second, that is what they say a BABY feels like!!  Flutters was the first word to come to my head, but when I was explaining it to Scott I told him it also felt a bit like a hamster wheel spinning in my stomach.  I think I have read that the first feeling of the baby moving is sometimes called "quickening," which also seems like an accurate description for what I felt, as it seemed like something was moving quickly in my belly.

In the warm light of this spring day (thankfully the storms have stopped and the sun has come out), I am starting to question whether I felt what I thought I felt as I have an anterior placenta, and from what I've read that can delay feeling the baby, but I know I felt SOMETHING!  Now I'm just dying to feel it again :)  

P.S. I am 17 weeks pregnant today!  Yay!!  Only 10 days til we hopefully find out what this little one is!

No comments:

Post a Comment